Friday, January 9, 2009

The Birth of a Legacy

I, Sandi (OCDee) Miller, do hereby officially mark this day as the birth of

The Virgin Hash House Harriers

of the East Valley and Beyond!

The Virgin Harriers, for short.

Our Harriers are:

1. Hot
2. Spicy
3. Howling

Our drinks are:

1. Virgin

Our Hashes are:

1. Hilarious
2. Fun
3. Desired over all overs!

Some of you die-hard traditional hashers might be booing and scoffing our non-alcoholic stance right now, but to you I say, OH ZIP IT! We non drinkers deserve the fun of the chase just as much as you, our blurry-eyed counterparts!

ON! ON!

Hashing in a nutshell:

A group of people meet; we will henceforth refer to them as "hounds." A "hare" has gone ahead of the lot and laid out a trail of flour for the hounds to follow. The hare has deceptively broken the trail off or sent it off in a false direction. The hounds sniff around frantically until the trail is found. The finder yells, "On! On!" and the chase resumes.

Along the trail you may find a cooler full of...a refreshing non-alcoholic beverage or other goody!

At the end of the chase, hounds and hare converge on a restaurant, park, or someone's house for more refreshments and socializing.

6 comments:

  1. I'm there Sandi. Let me know when

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat was funny! I wrote that and then saw you already had a date and time. You ROCK! I'll put it on the calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be your slowest hound...for the first few hashes at least. Sounds like a great motivator, and that's what I'm looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandi, I'm a non-drinking hasher who started a no-circle non-rowdy hash in Tucson a few years ago. So far I'm the only non-drinker, but it's a BYOB hash and people never seem to drink more than one or two beers afterward, so I'm happy.

    I wanted to know where your hash is. The site doesn't really indicate, and I'd like to come hash with you sometime if you're not on the other side of the world!

    On On,
    Flying Booger
    flyboog@pwoodford.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, I might just be the slowest hound, so no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sooo bummed I cant make this one. I got Brody in a super cool Lego thing at the Lego store. He is a master builder! Have fun! I will be there for round 2!

    ReplyDelete

Only nice comments, please, or we will eat your brains!